- Revolutionary 3M Precision Shaped Grain technology provides fast cut and long life
- Cuts up to 2x as fast as conventional abrasives
- Film backing for greater tear resistance and edge retention
- Ideal for a wide variety of substrates and applications focused primarily on stock removal
- Hook and loop attachment makes disc changes fast and easy
- Precise multi-hole pattern provides superior dust extraction
3M™ Cubitron™ II Hookit™ Clean Sanding Film Disc 775L features 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain, a revolutionary advancement in abrasive technology. The triangular shaped ceramic mineral is designed to slice through the substrate, rather than gouging or “plowing” like conventional abrasives, resulting in a disc that cuts up to 2x as fast and lasts up to 6x as long as conventional abrasives.
These discs are ideal for a broad range of applications focused primarily on stock removal, and are effective on a wide variety of substrates, including metals, composites, gelcoat, and whitewood. The film backing offers greater tear resistance than paper discs, for additional durability and edge retention. For best results, pair with 3M™ Elite Random Orbital Sanders.
3M offers a complete line of hook-and-loop style 3M™ Hookit™ discs for work spaces where adhesive backed discs may become contaminated by dust or dirt. They are often used in applications where a 3M™ Stikit™ disc may be too aggressive, as Hookit™ discs tend to leave finer finishes than adhesive backed discs. Hookit™ sanding discs conveniently attach to a hook-and-loop backup disc pad (sold separately), can be removed cleanly and easily, and can be re-used again and again for the extent of the abrasive life.